Pecorino Toscano Stagionato DOP - Whole Wheel (4 pound) by igourmet at Old Cheney Road Farmers Market. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. This cheese is our best-selling Pecorino Toscano from Italy, but aged for an additional three to four months by the cheese masters at Il Forteto in
Product Description & Reviews
This cheese is our best-selling Pecorino Toscano from Italy, but aged for an additional three to four months by the cheese masters at Il Forteto in Tuscany. Pecorino Toscano Stagionato DOP is created from locally collected sheep's milk during September and June. As it ages, the cheese loses its milky white color and takes on a hay-colored, ivory hue. The sweet, silken texture of the original cheese slowly gives way to a sharp, zesty flavor with a brittle texture. Pecorino Toscano Stagionato DOP is perfect for chunking into romaine and dandelion green salads, or rolled in extra virgin olive oil and served as part of an antipasto tray.
- Made from pasteurized sheep's milk.
- Photo depicts whole 4 lb. form of cheese.
Features & Highlights
- Ships expedited in an insulated package to ensure freshness
- imported from Italy
- Perfect for chunking into romaine and dandelion green salads, or rolled in extra virgin olive oil and served as part of an antipasto tray
- Serve with bold reds or a fabulous regional Tuscan red
- Made from pasteurized sheep's milk
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by igourmet, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Pecorino Toscano DOP
- 1 Pecorino Toscano Pdo Sheep cheese Whole wheel, weight di 5 Lbs/Kg.2.3 'His Majesty' Pecorino Toscano fresh is produced exclusively with sheep's milk coming from pastures in Tuscany and bordering territories as determined by the regulations of ...
By Pecorino al Tartufo
Made in the sheep-filled Lazio countryside, just outside of Rome, this semi-aged cheese is dotted throughout with generous flecks of black truffle. It makes for a delightful flavor combination: the naturally sweet, nutty, gently salty cheese is balan...